For marketers, video production quality control is critical in today’s price competitive environment. The downward cost pressured created by a combination of less expensive equipment and less labor intensive production has created a bit of a quality control problem for marketers. Gone are the days of a limited pool high-paid professional producers watching your back and protecting their position at the top of the food chain. Unfortunately, our business now has a lot of bottom feeders chasing limited dollars. But the good news is, if you’re diligent and find the right partners, you can get great content produced cheaper than ever.
What do we do? Vet your vendors carefully by:
- Looking at their work and making sure it’s up to your standards.
- Asking them how they are going to achieve the results at such a cheap price.
- Making sure they’re going to be using the same resources on your job as the examples.
- Asking for references if you haven’t worked with them before.
- Keep asking questions till you’re satisfied
If you’re not in the business, it’s impossible to keep up with all the latest technology to know if you’re getting the best possible resources used on your job. That’s why using the above guidelines can help your with video production quality control on you next project.