As a full-service, script to screen commercial production company, video-post production is an integral part of our service offerings. Post production is how we elevate great footage into a superbly told story that will have the power to engage your audience. This is done by first editing for story; so that the content will have the power to hit the viewer on an emotional level. We then use our expertise in video graphics, sound mixing and color grading to provide a finished video that’s emotionally resonate and artistically moving. Our job is to make your story communicate as powerfully as possible.
Video Post-Production Services Include:
- Video Editing – Our video editors aren’t button pushers that only do exactly what producers say but expert story tellers adept a following a creative strategy with finesse
- Sound Mixing and Design – It takes more than ambient sound and dialog to make a production sing. In fact, it may take an explosion.
- Music – If we can’t find the right music we’ll make it. We have connections to composers all over Atlanta and the world that will write the best possible music for your production.
- Graphics – We have graphic designers with over 20 years of experience creating everything from logos to movie titles. Let us give your next production that little something extra.
- CGI and After Effects – Need it in 3-D? No problem.
- Color Correction and Color Grading – There’s no better and more effective way to heighten the drama than with the creative use of color.
Like the video production side of the business, video post-production is always changing
Like all of our services, video post-production services can be purchased as part of a script to screen production or separately. Do you have something you shot yourself and need it brought to life? We can help!
Video post-production is the assembly and polishing of captured footage created in video production.
Sometimes footage needs to be digitized from film or transcoded to an edit-friendly format first. Next, the footage is turned into a rough edit which is then shared and approved by producers. Next any animation or special effects are created. Once the picture is locked, audio can be edited and sweetened with sound effects and dialog editing and then finally mixed with music. While the mix is happening, final color correction and grading are done after which the audio mix is laid in for a completed video.
For a movie, post-production can take several months. For TV shows, typically less than 3 and for reality and news programs it’s much much less. Commercials and corporate videos are typically about three weeks to a month with the number of approvals involved.
Non-Linear editorial (NLE)s are used to create a rough cut of a completed project. Examples of NLEs include Avid, Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, and Apple Final Cut. CGI software is used for special effects examples are Maya, Nuke and AfterEffects. Pro-Tools and various plugins are generally used for audio editing and mixing.
No. Animation is media production unless it’s being added to footage that’s already been shot. An animated sequence generally needs all the other steps associated with post-production like dialog editing, sweetening and lighting and color adjustments to the final piece.